Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Clearone
Future-proof, affordable, cloud-ready. Itís room video conferencing that simply fits. COLLABORATE Room solutions provide best-in-class video conferencing and collaboration with a price-point and feature set vastly superior to that of competing room conferencing solutions. Find out how affordable and compatibly video conferencing can be. Clearone.com
LAN/VPN Video Conferencing Server
TrueConf Server is an SVC-based video conferencing on-premises software designed specially for LAN/VPN networks. Full HD video experience, multi-point video conferences for up to 250 endpoints, client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, WebRTC & Linux. Ensures interoperability via SIP/H.323 and LDAP protocols.
www.trueconf.com

Old 02-29-2012   #1
darrenm6
VTC Professional

darrenm6 - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Video resolution for Composite video

I am trying to transmit an Ultrasound image using Edge 95 codecs over IP, using the VCR input on the codec (Ultrasound has composite BNC output). I'm testing using a VCR and when it is connected, the codec shows that it is sending 400p at 768Kbps.

The video at the far end looks good until the entire frame changes, at which point things get a bit "blurry". I even increased the call rate to 1152Kbps, but it is the same result.

How can I connect a composite video to a codec to get the best image through? Does anyone know how to measure the video resolution out of a source, because I don't know what exactly the US is sending out.

Users are used to this same video signal being transmitted over a DS3 line, and they claim they see no degration of the quality. Can I acheive this using Tandberg Edge or C-series codecs?
darrenm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #2
darrenm6
VTC Professional

darrenm6 - Has only 10 Tech Points

I have been doing some reading, and wondering if my new theory is accurate. I'm thinking that I need to use a video scaler to increase the resolution since the monitors being used on the Tandberg edges are wide screens.

I'm going to try to hook up an old CRT monitor I have to the output of the Edge tomorrow to see if the picture looks better.

Does anyone think this will work, or help?
darrenm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #3
kampson
Experienced Technician

kampson - Has only 10 Tech Points

We do this at my location using Polycom older non HD equipment. The issue is the same. When your screen size is scaled up you lose in image quality. The image at the 15" monitor at the ultrasound looks fine, the image on the 20" monitor on the far end viewing the ultrasound looked fine. But, soon as they went to a 32" and large there were issues. Video scaling the input may be a solution. We have not upgraded the video codec as currently we only use "live" ultrasound for when the doc needs some clarification. Otherwise all images are "digital", as we have connections from one hospital to the other to share the images via computer. This is the best solution. I am guessing though at some point in the near future we will either try scaling the image or using newer ultrasound units that have a vga, DVI or other type of output other then composite.

Please post again when you have done some testing.
kampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #4
haneyr
VTC Professional
Premium Member - This member has exclusive priviliges here at VTCTalk.com!!

haneyr - Has only 10 Tech Points

Your remote image quality will be dependent on two things, input image resolution and transmission resolution. So if you have an image that is already at the composite level then there will be some distortion as you increase its image size on the other end. Adding a video scaler to your composite output and then connecting it up to your codec DVI/VGA input will give you a better picture, but remember that scalers will increase your resolution by breaking up your lower resolution pixels into smaller ones for some quality increase. But it will not be the same as starting with a high resolution image of the same amount of pixels as the scaler. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also look at your video quality menu and change the VCR from motion to sharpness.
Old 11-15-2012   #5
Samael
VTC Professional

Samael - Has only 10 Tech Points
Send a message via ICQ to Samael

Anyway, you can't get better, than PAL (625 lines or 576p, Europe) or NTSC (525 lines or 480p, USA) via composite.
Quality "betteners", like scalers not will provide you TV-Series-like quality increasing. There is no miracles in this world, just physics

Last edited by Samael; 11-15-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Samael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013   #6
bluffy
Rookie Member

bluffy - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default how to more quality in video pixel in low quality video

how to do this...

Currency Trading in India: UFXMARKETS, Packers and Movers Periyakulam | Chennai Packers Movers
bluffy is offline   Reply With Quote