Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Vaddio
Vaddio is the leading manufacturer and OEM-distributor of specialty PTZ cameras, high-end camera control systems and custom furniture used in the broadcasting, audiovisual and videoconferencing industries.
www.vaddio.com
LAN/VPN Video Conferencing Server
TrueConf Server is an SVC-based video conferencing on-premises software designed specially for LAN/VPN networks. Full HD video experience, multi-point video conferences for up to 250 endpoints, client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, WebRTC & Linux. Ensures interoperability via SIP/H.323 and LDAP protocols.
www.trueconf.com
Go Back Video conferencing / Telepresence Forum > VTC Hardware > Secure Conferencing > Have the parts, how do they connect?

Old 02-10-2011   #1
chocobo105
Rookie Member

chocobo105 - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Have the parts, how do they connect?

I'm assembling a second VTC/SVTC suite for our organization, but I'm completely and totally lost. It is currently set up as an unclassified system, and my job is to make it also handle SECRET. The last IT/VTC tech left a while ago saying that all of the parts we needed were present, except for maybe a couple of cables. I just cannot seem to figure out how to put them together though. Hopefully someone here can give some sage advice.

The parts we have:
Adtran ISU 512 and Adtran NT1 ACE4 - I know we only need one of these. The NT1 is currently in place.
KIV-7
DTD-530 S
Tandberg CODEC 6000 MXP

I suppose my biggest hangup is that I presume I need to use the ISU 512, but the NT1 ACE4 has an extra set of cables coming out of it leading to the Tandberg which the 512 does not have slots for. I don't know if those cables are necessary or not. If they are, then I don't seem to have a way to connect to the Kiv-7 and DTD-530 S.

Any help is appreciated
chocobo105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011   #2
videojunkie1208
VTC Professional

videojunkie1208 - Has only 10 Tech Points

http://www.disa.mil/disnvtc/textonly...gdrawing_c.ppt
http://www.cissecure.com/Products.aspx?ProductLineID=7

Short version:

Tandberg => Codec input of the DTD-530 (cable should be indentifiable by the HD37pin connector (3 rows of pins))
You should also have a red and black kiv connections. the connect to the red and black sides of the KIV.

The black output goies to the ISU512.

You probably need the NT-1' s to connect to the IMUX for the ISDN lines (to change them from s/t to u.
videojunkie1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011   #3
haneyr
VTC Professional
Premium Member - This member has exclusive priviliges here at VTCTalk.com!!

haneyr - Has only 10 Tech Points

I am going to say something very controversial to some people. It is nice to have this forumn to help people with problems but I find that there are way to many customers and installers with little to no experience installing secure VTC systems trying to get a complete installation plan from those of us who do this for a living. Plus it seems that almost every time a solution is given we get zero feed back from the poster on what the results were. So I encourage users who have a problem to understand that most of us can't live off of free tech support. Please contact a reputable VTC contractor who can supply refrences of customers they have worked for.
Old 03-15-2012   #4
NoVA-JC
Forum Moderator
Member of The VTCTalk Admin Team!!

NoVA-JC - Has only 10 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by haneyr View Post
I am going to say something very controversial to some people. It is nice to have this forumn to help people with problems but I find that there are way to many customers and installers with little to no experience installing secure VTC systems trying to get a complete installation plan from those of us who do this for a living. Plus it seems that almost every time a solution is given we get zero feed back from the poster on what the results were. So I encourage users who have a problem to understand that most of us can't live off of free tech support. Please contact a reputable VTC contractor who can supply refrences of customers they have worked for.
I agree with you. If you don't have a clue, hire a professional. You'll be happy you did.
NoVA-JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #5
lnh6513
Rookie Member

lnh6513 - Has only 10 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA-JC View Post
I agree with you. If you don't have a clue, hire a professional. You'll be happy you did.
I agree with you too but it isn't always that simple. The OP said he was looking for a VTC/SVTC so now you have to find a professional with the appropriate clearance level.

Also, often technicians "inheirit" VTC responsibilities from leadership and don't have the authority to hire a professional. So the technician uses whatever is at his disposal...which may mean coming to forums like this and asking for help.

I'm grateful for what information is provided, and also understand the SMEs would prefer to be hired and guarantee the job is done right.

Thanks for the insight
lnh6513 is offline   Reply With Quote