Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Clearone
Future-proof, affordable, cloud-ready. Itís room video conferencing that simply fits. COLLABORATE Room solutions provide best-in-class video conferencing and collaboration with a price-point and feature set vastly superior to that of competing room conferencing solutions. Find out how affordable and compatibly video conferencing can be. Clearone.com
Interlink Vision
Cloud Video Conferencing. CallPresence is a cloud-based hosted solution that helps individuals and companies enhance their video communications. From Polycom desktop-based Telepresence, ISDN to IP services, and Virtual Video Meeting Rooms with guest accounts for non-video enabled users.
www.interlinkvision.com
LAN/VPN Video Conferencing Server
TrueConf Server is an SVC-based video conferencing on-premises software designed specially for LAN/VPN networks. Full HD video experience, multi-point video conferences for up to 250 endpoints, client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, WebRTC & Linux. Ensures interoperability via SIP/H.323 and LDAP protocols.
www.trueconf.com

Old 05-03-2012   #1
acer
Rookie Member

acer - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default MCU Codian performance

Hi all,

as we knew that MCU is server hardware like others, but especially for Cisco MCU Codian, maybe litle different.

anyone know what are factors which influence MCU performance (beside network factors) ?

because sometimes MCU get some problems like :

1. slow response (as example we too slow to open webconsole )

2. cause packetloss in each connection (per ports), but conference still can running.

3. and in some cases make mcu get down (hang)

i try to assume that all of it because networks, then i try to make some environment :

1. peer-to-peer connection LAN only between my laptop and MCU

2. LAN use Switch Gigabit and connected only my laptop and MCU

3. also i don't forget to try change ethernet setting in MCU adapted with environment

4. also i make sure there is no packetloss within networks if i use point-to-point between 2 endpoints

BUT after i try all of it, mcu still problem like that

maybe this is hardware issue, but i want to know more, because in my company this problems occured in many cases in customers (more than 4 cases).

also i make sure that the environment (like datacenter, power, temperature is going alright too, but who knows ??).

please help.
acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #2
streamnz
VTC Professional

streamnz - Has over 50 Tech Points

The best thing to do is open a support case. TAC will then instruct you how to get the correct log files to help find out what is causing these issues.

I think it's fair to say that the things you have described are not common (well, I use those MCUs every day and I've never seen them...).

Peter
Cisco Systems

The opinions expressed in this forum are my own views and not those of Cisco.
streamnz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012   #3
robertk
Super VTC Guru
One of Our First 100 Members!!

robertk - Has only 10 Tech Points

I have seen problems when people have enable a lot of logging/debugging on their Codian boxes. The result was exactly as you described.

Make sure that the Capture filter setting are reset back to default.

//Robert
robertk is online now   Reply With Quote