Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Vaddio
Vaddio is the leading manufacturer and OEM-distributor of specialty PTZ cameras, high-end camera control systems and custom furniture used in the broadcasting, audiovisual and videoconferencing industries.
www.vaddio.com
Blue Jeans Network - cloud-based conferencing service
Our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective communication and collaboration anywhere and from practically any device.
www.bluejeans.com
Go Back Video conferencing / Telepresence Forum > VTC Hardware > CODEC > Blue Screen Issues with different speed

Old 05-04-2012   #1
andywong
Rookie Member

andywong - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Blue Screen Issues with different speed

hi all,

I encounter an issue and seeking for help, hopefully the professions on this forum can give me some advices.

I have a VC with 2 locations, Hong Kong and Beijing.

The bridge is connecting Beijing with 384k and connecting Hong Kong with 1472k. Hong Kong can see far end but Beijing cannot see Hong Kong.

While the bridge adjust the speed and connect Hong Kong with lower speed, 384k. both video/audio are working fine.

My question is why do we adjust the speed can resolve the problem ? is it related to the codec or what kind of issue ?

Please help for my problem, thanks a lot.
andywong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012   #2
Joe Vallender
Super VTC Guru
One of Our First 100 Members!!

Joe Vallender - Has over 50 Tech Points

This generally is due to video protocol/resolution mismatch. The unit at higher speed wants to do a protocol or resolution that isn't understood and video processing is stopped. You might try hardsetting the video protocols or turning them off in the unit using the higher speed.
Joe Vallender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012   #3
BasicITOne
VTC Professional

BasicITOne - Has only 10 Tech Points
Send a message via AIM to BasicITOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywong View Post
hi all,

I encounter an issue and seeking for help, hopefully the professions on this forum can give me some advices.

I have a VC with 2 locations, Hong Kong and Beijing.

The bridge is connecting Beijing with 384k and connecting Hong Kong with 1472k. Hong Kong can see far end but Beijing cannot see Hong Kong.

While the bridge adjust the speed and connect Hong Kong with lower speed, 384k. both video/audio are working fine.

My question is why do we adjust the speed can resolve the problem ? is it related to the codec or what kind of issue ?

Please help for my problem, thanks a lot.
Exactly as stated in other post there is something that is not being resolved in the CAP exchange between the systems at the higher and lower speeds.

Set the call up again and look at the Call Settings or Call Status on each side of the call

You should see the RX and TX for both Audio and Video, also look at what the MCU "sees" coming from both endpoints and what it is trying to transcode.

Depending on the endpoint on the higher side (i'll assume this one is sending an incompatible video or audio codec) you might be able to turn off codecs during the call while keeping the speeds the same.
BasicITOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012   #4
andywong
Rookie Member

andywong - Has only 10 Tech Points

thanks for the reply.

Let me have a trial and I will give you all an update ~~~
andywong is offline   Reply With Quote