Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Vaddio
Vaddio is the leading manufacturer and OEM-distributor of specialty PTZ cameras, high-end camera control systems and custom furniture used in the broadcasting, audiovisual and videoconferencing industries.
www.vaddio.com
LAN/VPN Video Conferencing Server
TrueConf Server is an SVC-based video conferencing on-premises software designed specially for LAN/VPN networks. Full HD video experience, multi-point video conferences for up to 250 endpoints, client apps for Windows, iOS, Android, OS X, WebRTC & Linux. Ensures interoperability via SIP/H.323 and LDAP protocols.
www.trueconf.com

Old 05-11-2012   #1
darrenm6
VTC Professional

darrenm6 - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Anyone repair 880 MXP codecs?

Looking for someone who can repair an 880 MXP codec. We have one that has not PTZ.

PM me if you know where I can go with this.
darrenm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #2
haneyr
VTC Professional
Premium Member - This member has exclusive priviliges here at VTCTalk.com!!

haneyr - Has only 10 Tech Points

what do you mean by no PTZ? I have found that in the settop and WAVE cameras the IR sensor inside for controlling the camera position will get bent out and cause the camera to not work properly. You can bend it back in to get it to work again. The second cause of failure is the gear assembly.
Old 11-13-2012   #3
lillianyang
Rookie Member

lillianyang - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default cool

Awesome, love your thread, trx for sale, trx on sale, trx cheap
lillianyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #4
BasicITOne
VTC Professional

BasicITOne - Has only 10 Tech Points
Send a message via AIM to BasicITOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenm6 View Post
Looking for someone who can repair an 880 MXP codec. We have one that has not PTZ.

PM me if you know where I can go with this.
Did you get any help with this? Depending on the problem with the system I have either repaired them or modified it to use a Sony or detached WAVE camera.

But now that the price of newer systems have come down the repair cost - parts, labor MH, cost of downtime, shipping, and etc is really approaching or exceeding the point where it is more cost effective to replace it.

Anyway what are the symptoms when you try and move the camera through a PTZ cycle? Can you still Zoom and just not Pan and Tilt? Does the camera do anything?

When you turn it on does the camera move at all?

Have you checked the Data Port settings I forget the software version when it changed but there was a setting where you could change the settings from VISCA to Sony or something like that and not sure if it still relevant in later software versions where those settings are changed, but try cycling through those - I believe in later versions it is just a Data Port settings.

Haneyr are you saying that the set-top has a dedicated IR RX that is only for the camera control?
BasicITOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #5
haneyr
VTC Professional

Inside the camera housing there is an IR sensor used to set the camera position to it's home position. Sometimes it gets bent out of position and the unit will not move. You can take the front lens protector off by pulling it out. then the top plastic cover to the camera can be removed. There are two small screws inside the front of the camera case that need to be removed first. You will see the camera tilt gear with two small pieces of plastic on either side at the bottom. Make sure these two pieces are almost touching the tilt plastic gear. They can be pushed into position if necessary.
Old 01-02-2013   #6
darrenm6
VTC Professional

I've tried to control the PTZ through a far-end connection after I was made aware that the camera would no longer work locally. Pan/Tilt/Zoom - nothing works. On the Far-end device, I get the message "Far end operation not possible".

The video works fine but when I run xstatus cam on the codec, it tells me there is no camera. Does this offer any more clues about the issue?

*s Camera (connected=False): /
*s/end

*s CameraTracking (status=Off): /
*s/end

*s CameraSwUpgrade (status=NA): /
*s/end
Old 01-02-2013   #7
haneyr
VTC Professional

On the non-working unit make sure the FECC is turned on under the GENERAL and PERMISSIONS page. Otherwise the far end camera control will not work. You can also control the camera from the web interface. Also did the camera move when you first turn it on?
Old 01-03-2013   #8
darrenm6
VTC Professional

FECC is enabled, and I have tried using the web interface, along with the telnet controls to move the camera, but nothing works. It has to be something to do with the xstatus I posted earlier. If no camera is "connected", what do I need to do to connect one? I may resort to looking on ebay for old codecs for parts, and swap out the camera.
Old 01-03-2013   #9
haneyr
VTC Professional

since you say that you can see video with the camera but not control it then there is only one more option I can think of to try and fix it. You will need to write down the options codes for the codec and try to do a factory default reset. It may just be a bug that can be fixed by resetting the system. Otherwise I would think the problem is more with the camera control chip than with the camera.
Old 01-03-2013   #10
darrenm6
VTC Professional

I tried the "defvalues set factory" already. I also downgraded to F8.2 and back up to F9.1.3. I guess I'm out of options. Anyone have any old 770, 880, or 990 MXP settop boxes for sale.