Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Blue Jeans Network - cloud-based conferencing service
Our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective communication and collaboration anywhere and from practically any device.
www.bluejeans.com
Go Back Video conferencing / Telepresence Forum > General Section > Job Vacancies > Contract: Reset Tandberg MXP 6000 with RS232 and Putty

Old 09-07-2017   #1
SD1
Rookie Member

SD1 - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Contract: Reset Tandberg MXP 6000 with RS232 and Putty

Looking for assistance in remoting into a computer and removal all passwords on a Tandberg 6000 MXP.

Please contact
N. Terra
Sound Decision Ltd.
email: nterra@sounddecision.bm
SD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017   #2
Nubio
Administrator
Member of The VTCTalk Admin Team!!

Nubio - Has only 10 Tech Points
Red face

Terra,

Access via the CLI or GUI would require the known password. The only other way to reset that series of codec is via a serial cable (assuming it hasnt been password protected as well) or via the remote control interface where you would "zero out" the IP Password field in the administrator settings.

I imagine you could brute force it as well but that would require 3rd party tools. Those older codecs dont have any automated security features like the newer generation models which would insta-ban you after "x" amount of failed login attempts.

Now IF you have CLI access, then you can use the following command to factory reset it:

xcommand defvalues set factory

Are you still looking to hire someone or does that help you?

Last edited by Nubio; 09-07-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Nubio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017   #3
SD1
Rookie Member

SD1 - Has only 10 Tech Points

Hi Nubio,
Thanks for the reply. Yes. We would be looking for someone to try and access the CLI for us if we connected a remote PC and RS232 to usb cable (I think that's what we would need?) and remove any passwords standing in our way. Basically we are trying to get to the Administrator settings and we are being asked for a five digit pin code which the client says they do not have because a former employee set it. Also we tried accessing the web console via ip but the webpage came up as blank even though pc is on the same network.
Again thanks for the assistance,
N Terra
SD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017   #4
Nubio
Administrator
Member of The VTCTalk Admin Team!!

Nubio - Has only 10 Tech Points
Talking

Ok, gotcha.

I'll email you, i may can help remotely if you have a technical-minded person I can work through.
Nubio is online now   Reply With Quote