Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Blue Jeans Network - cloud-based conferencing service
Our mission is to make video communications as easy and pervasive as audio communications, enabling more effective communication and collaboration anywhere and from practically any device.
www.bluejeans.com

Old 07-31-2017   #1
firosiro
Rookie Member

firosiro - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Wireless security

The small princess is prepared on her first camping trip. Sleeping bag? Check. Marshmallows? Check. Thirty-five-feet land yacht with Lcd Television, bunkbeds, full bath, and V-10 engine? Check. Mark Rozzo will get driving

Everyone on tour? Or simply on holiday?Inch That is what a chipper New You are able to Condition Thruway toll attendant stated when i found myself squeezing a 35-feet class-An electric motor home with the narrow chute from the Kingston toll plaza on the recent summer time mid-day. buy a sleeping bag It had been my very first time driving of a giant rig. I didn't would like to get it stuck. And have to support it, the last factor anybody ever wants related to a motorhome how big certain herbivorous dinosaurs. At that time Used to do, actually, feel a lot more like the motive force of, say, the Willie Nelson coach than the usual father on the camping trip.

However this was vacation American-style, 2011. Like a working music performer, I used to be on my small share of rock tours. Now I had been on the greater mission. My daughter involved to show five, and that i was waxing nostalgic about family road journeys of yore, those I required becoming an adult, those, possibly, all of us did: traversing endless miles of interstates hitting amusement parks, nature, condition parks, military parks the weeklong campouts in musty canvas camping tents in snake-infested northern Michigan or on buggy national seashores or among giant sequoias you are able to really drive-thru the treks to race meets, reunions, resorts.

Our trip would start the state fifth-special birthday, and it might be an evaluation run for future journeys: a brief expedition in to the Catskill Mountain tops within the craziest RV I possibly could find. (That one, it switched out, was readily available for lease just outdoors Newark Airport terminal, in the excellent El Monte RV.) The program was for all of us to get certainly one of my daughter's best buddies upstate, together with her father, a sturdy Wisconsinite. It might be father-daughter connecting around the great American open road, within the great American outdoors, but with the preschooler-friendly amenities of the fully hired top-of-the-line land yacht: an Lcd Television with DVD player, bunkbeds, along with a galley stocked with macaroni and cheese, whole wheat toast, various kinds of juice, and all sorts of makings for s'mores.

In the toll plaza I needed to achieve way lower to hands the attendant $5.70. The cab in our rig involved level using the roof from the booth. And also the rig was, indeed, impressive: reasonably limited-class Fleetwood Fiesta "bunk-house," tricked in black and gold detailing, having a 6.8-liter Ford Triton V-10 engine able to pulling a gross weight of 10 tons. That's lots of marshmallows.

The Fiesta would be a striking sight, without a doubt, although not an especially uncommon one nowadays. Based on the Motorhome Industry Association, 9 million American households have reached having a motorhome. This past year the RV formally switched a century old. Vehicle historians think about the Pierce-Arrow Touring Landau--which made its debut at Madison Square Garden in 1910--is the first RV. It'd an onboard washbasin, a rest room, or even a telephone, the greater to help ease communication between passengers and chauffeur. List: $8,250.

In the Donner Party towards the Griswolds, striking the road continues to be an unshakable American habit. It's usually a good idea, I believe, to help keep some journey trivia within the mental glove compartment, so here are a few milestones everybody ought to know. On August 21, 1915, private banker Roland R. Conklin and family put down from Lengthy Island within their 25-five-feet Gypsy Van--a custom rig carried out with linen, silk, and created ash--and pulled into Bay Area two several weeks later. They'd blazed a contemporary trail, showing the potential for the RV for transcontinental travel. Around the same time frame, the "Vagabonds"--that smart group that incorporated Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Harvey Firestone, and also the naturalist John Burroughs--were tooling round the country on their own annual camping treks with caravans of newspapermen in hot pursuit. The view of these illustrious Americans chopping wood and flipping flapjacks stoked an increasing craze for motorized excursions into nature, but for the streamlined rigs that will allow it to be all possible. The vision was summarized in Sinclair Lewis's 1929 novel Dodsworth, where the title character (inspired by Henry Ford) daydreams about "land yachts, of the very masterwork of caravans: a small kitchen with electric stove, electric refrigerator a small toilet with showerbath a full time income-room that ought to be a bed room by night--a family room with radio, a genuine writing desk, and somewhere from the caravan, or behind, a folding veranda."

Dodsworth could easily happen to be considering our Fleetwood Fiesta, as my daughter and that i grew to become the most recent inside a lengthy type of tin-can vacationers, gasoline bedouins, weekend Joads. Our rig was hot stuff. Nevertheless, it might never quite contend with the Airstream within the poetry department. Using its fuselage-inspired design, the aluminum-skinned Airstream trailer--more land zeppelin than land yacht-grew to become a highway icon, because of Wally Byam, the charismatic company founder, who looked great inside a pith helmet because he brought caravans of glistening Airstreams around the world: to Thailand, Nicaragua, Red Square, the truly amazing Pyramids, Afghanistan's Bost Arch. "Keep the eyes around the stars and also the stars inside your eyes," Byam authored in a single of his many Airstream manifestos, expressing the essence of the items would eventually be referred to as "RV lifestyle." "Try to find what's within the next hill and also the one after."

The Airstream is perhaps the ne plus ultra of weekend nomad vehicles, accepted by design J snobs and so forth of Tom Hanks, who report edly brings their own Silver Bullet on location. (The actor's trailer is really a type of understatement when compared with Will Smith's 53-feet mobile McMansion, "heat.Inch) But with regards to to be the ultimate indication of American wanderlust, nothing can beat a 35-feet RV. (With this, credit is going to Winnebago to be the very first manufacturer to mass produce motorhomes, in 1966.)

Once we bounced along in the Thruway, the most elephantine Sports utility vehicle felt like nothing more than a gnat buzzing around our rig. choosing the right sleeping bag My daughter spotted whitetail deer within the forest, hit the Pirate's Booty, after which happily snoozed, connected to a booster seat on the comfy, overstuffed sofa behind the driver's seat. I shoved a Gram Parsons disc in to the player and stored myself busy scrolling within the mental listing from the rental place. You will find loads of little buttons and indicator lights with an RV and lots of new terminology to understand: shore power, slide-outs, grey water, black water, leveling jacks, anode rods, thermo-couples. You'd require a garage filled with Trailer Existence back issues to find everything out. And driving this type of rig once the human occupants weigh about 200 Impounds combined is definitely an adventure. Each mix breeze catches the broadside from the nearly empty vehicle, causing it to heel backwards and forwards just like a boat in chop. Land yacht, indeed.

I grew to become believing that a require a pit stop from my daughter could spell disaster. Let's say we folded in to the Plattekill Travel Plaza after which could not squeeze out? Would I ever have the ability to back the factor track of a four-year-old as copilot? These questions only bred more. May be the refrigerator running? Will the Anchor Steam be cold whenever we achieve the campground? Could it be okay to achieve the push activated while operating the automobile? How about the lp? Did I forget to show from the lp? Was I designed to switch off the lp? Is not lp harmful? It's, right? Will the RV, actually, explode at any second?

When i was climbing up in to the Catskills, I had been beginning to feel much more comfortable. Not that can compare with Neal Cassady driving the Merry Pranksters' bus, but getting there. For our upstate buddies, these were agog once the Fiesta hove into view and excitedly stacked in. Whenever we finally pulled right into a deeply forested campground, I felt as though the RV had arrived at its natural habitat. Among the proprietors arrived on the scene and helped get everything connected: water, electricity, cable television. I put the switches around the three slide-outs and our already huge RV increased to eye-popping proportions, being a veritable house on wheels, able to sleeping seven. Night was falling, therefore we busted the fire wood, the new dogs, and also the marshmallows, ready to consider positions round the fire bowl at our cozy trailer site.

This is when the rain began.

And when it began, it did not let up. Rather of the blazing fire and ghost tales, it had been a comfortable repast of mac and cheese and stovetop dogs round the RV's dinette. The children were happy enough, and also the Anchor Steam was cold. I was bone dry and feeling very good about ourselves. I possibly could get accustomed to this. I had been beginning to consider, The coming year: Grand Gorge. After which Zion! Glacier'. Yosemite! The Truly Amazing Smoky Mountain tops! Within our modern-day Cones-toga wagon, protected from the weather, the options appeared as vast because the continent itself.

Then the time had come to load Shrek in to the DVD player. It had been a minute the women have been awaiting. The flat-screen TV could be our fire, lulling the children toward bed time. However the DVD player demonstrated more difficult to operate compared to water hookups, and, after much fiddling, we'd to scuttle the operation. The atmosphere had switched very tense. Mutiny appeared almost certain. Difficult questions were leveled in the dads: "Why is not it working? Are you able to have great results? Are we able to watch Shrek? Why aren't we watching Shrek? Are we able to have gum rather? Have they got gum in the camp store?" Outdoors it had been blackness and relentless rain, the periodic thunderclap. Because of the seductive novelty of sleeping-bags, the women eventually got settled to their bunks, checked out a couple of pages of Tintin and also the Berenstain Bears, and sacked out.

After I consider the street journeys I required like a kid, things i remember most is the view of telephone rods passing by outdoors, the swooping shapes the wires made because they zipped past, presented by vehicle home windows. The anecdotes tend to be more about mishaps than glories: road sickness, the periodic vomiting spell, brother or sister dustups, a blizzard that when grounded us in Lumberton, New York, the city made famous in Blue Velvet. My buddies had their share of road tales too, usually along similar lines: of youngsters designed to pee into empty coffee cans or jars instead of rest stops, of the nauseous little brother pacing across the grassy roadside to achieve equilibrium, of the father so averse to refilling the vehicle's gas tank the whole family wound up pushing the vehicle. I additionally understood families who planned all year long for his or her big, blockbuster journeys: gone for any month, giant camper, all of the big parks. They'd have elaborate run-throughs before departure--tent practice, meal planning, lounging out all of the equipment around the family room floor, making checklists. I discovered it just a little intense, more Burma Campaign than fun gathering with family members. Within the Fiesta, these scenes--in addition to choice bits from such RV-happy movies because the Lengthy, Lengthy Trailer and Lost in the usa--flitted throughout my fading awareness when i nodded her head off within the master bedroom.

After which all of a sudden it had been morning. A loon was softly yodeling somewhere available. Otherwise, silence. The rain had stopped. I tiptoed to the bunks and incredibly lightly came back the very best curtain to look inside. There is my daughter, going to turn five, wide awake, searching out in the dripping forest, very quiet. The sun's rays was out, but puddles were everywhere. The fireplace pit looked a lot more like a koi pond. The forest would be a giant eco-friendly Christmas present waiting to become unwrapped.

The campground, obviously, would be a magical arena of nature trails, small golf, game room, and pool, also it felt as though we'd the majority of it to ourselves. We selected wildflowers and performed on the tire swing. We walked among towering maples and oaks and little streams, looking at Jesus bugs and encountering the lovable little orange newts known upstate as red efts. My daughter adopted three of these and needed to be convinced to allow them go. There wasn't any more reference to gum in the camp store.

We'd all showed up somewhere we did not even fully realize i was going. The children would don't forget this trip, there were certain to become more, marking new frontiers, new milestones. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-...gs-dave-stenie There'd continually be new terra incognita to understand more about, more toll plazas to squeeze through, more rainstorms to pass through. As Wally Byam, our prime priest of Airstream, loved to state, "Adventure is to think it is.Inch And residential, I figured, a minimum of for any night or more, is to park it.
Old 08-01-2017   #2
Nubio
Administrator
Member of The VTCTalk Admin Team!!

Nubio - Has only 10 Tech Points
Talking

Hello,

So my experience with wireless in general is pretty limited but from my background with Aruba and Cisco, there usually is a "controller" aspect involved somewhere. Think of the controller in terms of a management solution, where it can/will provision each individual access point with whatever information you are specifying (i.e. like SSID, security settings, etc).

Check out this one for a reference: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/product...ler/index.html

Most technologies operate with the same fundamentals, in video we have similar management capabilities albeit in different methods. Sometime is a application solution, other times it can be a device-based provisioning solution but the effect is still the same regardless.

Give me some specifics on your vendor of choice and I'll see what I can do to assist you further if you need/want it.