Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Blue Jeans Network
Extends high quality video communications beyond the traditional boundaries of specialized conference rooms, allowing employees throughout an enterprise to interact more effectively with each other, and with their customers, partners, and suppliers.
www.bluejeans.com

Old 10-01-2009   #1
Video99
Rookie Member

Video99 - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default New to Videoconferencing

I could use a bit of advice here if someone can spare the time. We have a Tandbeg Edge 85 that we occasionally use to link some universities overseas with us. So far everything has been fine, but now management wants some staff to be able to connect via pc and webcam to our site. I know NetMeeting was used in the past but with Microsoft no longer supporting it I would like to find another option. I called our contact and was told it's either Netmeeting or Tandberg's Movi software. Are there other options out there? We don't need super high quality and I'd like the user to just type in the IP address of our Tandberg to connect and keep things simple. Do I just insist that folks use Netmeeting and that's that?
Thanks in advance
Video99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #2
tvman_od
Experienced Technician

tvman_od - Has only 10 Tech Points

You can take a look at CouterPath products
http://counterpath.com/
Polycom PVX can be a good alternative with H.239 option built in, so PC users can share content.
Keep in mind that H.264 codec will require decent computer to run on it. From my experience Dell D820 or D620 or any other equal is a minimum. Small SONY Vaio didn't work well. Ended up with near 100% CPU load.
tvman_od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #3
nimmysnv

Hi,
I will suggest you videoseminarlive for web conferencing and online meetings.Well H.264 codec will require decent computer to run on it.
thanks!
Old 06-01-2010   #4
abaldwin
Experienced Technician

abaldwin - Has only 10 Tech Points

Polycom PVX does the job quite well. Logitech makes good mic/cam combos for use with the PC.
Old 06-01-2010   #5
jwinterb
Experienced Technician

jwinterb - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Mirial Softphone

Take a look at Mirial Softphone, HD qualty, supports SIP and H.323 and has built in recording and 3 party calling. It also has all the same features you would get with PVX for around $200. Download the free trial and check it out.

Jon W
Brock University
jwinterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010   #6
mpfannen
Rookie Member

mpfannen - Has only 10 Tech Points

Try Appia Video Conferencing. Software client download that can connect to H323 devices. Call me to find out more 231-929-0970 ext 174 Sincerely, Mike. www.appiavideo.com.
mpfannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010   #7
fidel
Rookie Member

fidel - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default SIP Registration of an Tandberg VC system

Hello To everyone!

I have a Tandberg Dual 52" with a C60 codec and i want to integrate it as a SIP extension to a SIP enabled Alcatel OmniPCX 4400 (Rel. 9.0) PBX.

I have configured an SIP extension in the PBX and also configured the Tandberg System it seem the registration fails....

Anyone out there who can help? I am not using a VCS. I want to integrate the video systems directly to the PBX. Is it possible after all?

Thanks in advance!
fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #8
mpfannen
Rookie Member

mpfannen - Has only 10 Tech Points

If you are looking to get a conference bridge into the Tandberg VC session you could use Appia AVC Software, call the Tandberg and then we have a dial in voice bridge feature. It's just a thought. mp@appiaservices.com
mpfannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #9
Fogel
Experienced Technician

Fogel - Has only 10 Tech Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaldwin View Post
Polycom PVX does the job quite well. Logitech makes good mic/cam combos for use with the PC.
agree on this one ...
Fogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
PrasantaShee
Rookie Member

PrasantaShee - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default R-HUB HD video conferencing servers

You can use on premise R-HUB HD video conferencing servers for connecting your PC via webcam to your site. It will allow you to conduct HD video conferencing with 30 people at a time.
PrasantaShee is offline   Reply With Quote