Welcome, Unregistered.

Welcome to VTC talk Forums.
Remember Me?
Blue Jeans Network
Extends high quality video communications beyond the traditional boundaries of specialized conference rooms, allowing employees throughout an enterprise to interact more effectively with each other, and with their customers, partners, and suppliers.
www.bluejeans.com

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
firosiro
Rookie Member

firosiro - Has only 10 Tech Points
Default Wireless security

OK, this is a very basic question. But I need to ask before I jump in and foul things up, again.

My LAN consists of Primary Wireless Router, Client Wireless Access Point, Wireless Client Bridge. All working together without Wireless Security at the moment. All have Username and Passwords to get into them.

What is the proper order to go into them and set a Wireless Security key.

I assume I'd want to do the primary first, but will that effectively lock me out of my network?
firosiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Nubio
Administrator
Member of The VTCTalk Admin Team!!

Nubio - Has only 10 Tech Points
Talking

Hello,

So my experience with wireless in general is pretty limited but from my background with Aruba and Cisco, there usually is a "controller" aspect involved somewhere. Think of the controller in terms of a management solution, where it can/will provision each individual access point with whatever information you are specifying (i.e. like SSID, security settings, etc).

Check out this one for a reference: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/product...ler/index.html

Most technologies operate with the same fundamentals, in video we have similar management capabilities albeit in different methods. Sometime is a application solution, other times it can be a device-based provisioning solution but the effect is still the same regardless.

Give me some specifics on your vendor of choice and I'll see what I can do to assist you further if you need/want it.
Nubio is offline   Reply With Quote